2nd coat of clear

Here are some pics taken moments ago…  Might be the last work I can do before Hurricane Sandy comes our way.  The sun popped out and I thought I’d take a couple photos of the work in progress.  This will need more sanding, another coat, more sanding, and at least one more coat before I can start buffing it out.  I decided to do a “faded” sunburst finish on the front because it just looked so cool on the Koa.  I also did just one coat of tinted lacquer over the binding so it wouldn’t stand out so starkly against the wood. I finished the 2nd pickup so now once I finish the headstock inlay and lacquer I’ll be ready to put it all together.